Thursday 18 July 2013

My Favourite Summer Trends!

It seems as though we were having a long spring... Cool weather, rainy days, and then BAM! As soon as June 21st hit and the summer season started, the weather got hot, humid and muggy.  I’ve never been a huge fan of summer, I would rather be freezing and catch a cold, than being so hot you can't think of anything but how greasy your hair and face will look from all the sweating.   The only good thing about this heat (in my opinion anyway) is the clothes that we get to wear!  So, I have compiled a list of my favourite summer items to take my mind off of this sweltering heat!






Top Left: Sperry Topsider, Top Right: Jack Rogers,
Bottom Left: Birkenstock, Bottom Right: Keds by Kate Spade
Shoes are probably my favourite part of summer - heck they are my favourite part of fashion!  Being comfortable is extremely important to me, especially living in a big city where I have to walk everywhere.  So these summer shoe picks are cute - but also super comfy!  I know Birkenstocks aren't what we would call "high fashion" but you can now buy them in an array of vibrant colours! My hot pink pair has made even my most skeptical friends want their very own pair of Berkie's.  As for the Sperry's... I'm wearing mine right now.  They are uber comfortable and even though they are turquoise they go with most of my wardrobe! (I'm also a firm believer that everyone needs a good boat shoe!) Ked's are a classic choice! I prefer just a solid red or navy, but these Kate Spade designed ked's are to die for!  Now I've never owned a pair of Jack Rogers, but I hear amazing things and they look great with anything!  They are a little pricey for just a simple sandal, so I would suggest going with a neutral colour so you can wear them more often!


Left: Joe Fresh, Middle Left: Old Navy, Middle Right: Topshop, Right: Lilly Pulitzer
Along with summer, comes adorable summer dresses!  I don't often wear dresses, but I can't stop buying them because they are so cute!  Joe Fresh is one of my favourite places to get great dresses.  This stripped and pleated dress is so great for the heat we've been having because it's loose and flows away from the body!  I love floral patterns and these Old Navy and Topshop dresses definitely do florals justice!  Of course, if you haven't noticed, I love Lilly Pulitzer.  This dress has my favourite print of the summer (Let's Cha Cha)!  It's so bright and playful, I can't get enough!



Top Left: Old Navy, Middle Left: J.Crew, Bottom Left: J.Crew, Right: Lilly Pulitzer

Say goodbye to plain denim shorts!  My favourite shorts of the summer come in every pattern and colour you could imagine, which make them statement pieces all on their own! I love Old Navy's embroidered shorts this year!  These nautical inspired shorts have everything from seahorses to anchors!  Another great short is the J.Crew chino, similar shorts can be found at Old Navy for a cheaper price!  These shorts come in every colour so they can give your outfit the pop it needs.  One of my favourite fabrics is seersucker, so of course I'm drawn to J.Crews seersucker shorts.  These shorts remind me of a fashionable version of the shorts my grandmother used to wear, but I promise these are far from outdated!  Lastly Lilly Pulitzer's bold prints need no explanation!  Just throw on a wite t shirt and these shorts will carry the outfit all on their own!



Top Left: Charlotte Russe, Middle Left: Old Navy, Bottom Left: Old Navy, Right: Chralotte Russe
When it comes to tops in the summer I am pretty boring.  My go to is a button down, I swear my closet is 60% button downs.  I love just a solid white one because it goes with all of my fun patterned shorts.  I also love my chambray button downs because they tone down my bright bottoms!  Of course, my button down collection would not be complete without chevron.  I love the pattern and I wear it normally with either jeans or a solid colour bottom!  Lastly the scalloped open back blouse is one of my favourites!  I've been obsessed with it for a long time.  I have not yet purchased it, but it's definitely on my list!

Top Left: Kate Spade, Bottom Left: Kate Spade, Top Right: Lilly Pulitzer, Bottom Right: Danier Leather
I love bags!  Totes, purses, clutches, I love them all!  So this is my favourite section!  As you can see from my previous trends, I love chevron pattern, so this Kate Spade tote jumped out at me!  I love it, however I think it would look much better in a bright colour than black or red!  This pink Danier Leather purse is amazing!  I have this one and I love it.  It has cutouts that are covered with clear plastic, so you can see the contents, or you can insert the pink pouch and have all of your contents inside and covered!  Again, of course I have to have some Lilly.  This Shoreline tote is perfect for summer!  It carries so much, you can bring it to the beach, or even use it as a purse!  Lastly this Kate Spade book clutch is to die for!  I think the idea is amazing, but I would never spend that much money on a clutch!  However I found a blog that made their own book clutch, and I have to say I think it's much cuter than the Kate Spade clutch (shh!).  Here's the link: http://runwaydiy.com/2012/02/02/diy-book-clutch/



I hope you guys enjoyed my favourite trends of the summer!  If you liked any of these, or have some of your own favourite trends, let me know! (:


















No comments:

Post a Comment