Friday 7 June 2013

Funny Face Starring Audrey Hepburn!

It's a Friday night, and I have my apartment to myself, so of course I partied.  By partied I mean I watched Funny Face and drank tea alone.  While watching the Audrey Hepburn classic I kept falling in love with the gorgeous outfits she was wearing.  By the end of the movie I was curled up in a ball wishing I could own everything that Audrey wore!  So I decided to make a post about the lust I have for the wardrobe from this movie.





I would totally wear this.  You can't really tell from the picture but the top of her pants have a pink scarf tied with a bow, and her jacket is cropped to land just above it.  I seriously wish I owned a boat so I could wear this and feel like I had purpose...


I love how simple this red dress is, and yet it's so glamorous.  If I actually went to my prom, I imagine I would have worn something like this.



This might be my favourite dress she wore throughout the movie.  I love the floral pattern, how the length (which you can't see in the picture) hits right above her ankles and how delicate it looks.  My favourite part of the dress is the back, two bows that hold a waterfall of fabric that cascade down the dress.  It's simply stunning.















I adore this dress!  It reminds me of ballet.  Also her main accessory (the dove) is a nice touch.


Of course the main event was saved until the end.  The wedding dress.  I have no words.  All I know is I am going to be wearing this when I get married.  I love how classic it is, and I love the length!  It's so classy and perfect and I need it!  Also can we talk about the veil for a moment.  I never pictured myself as a veil wearing girl until today.


So basically, the main points to take from this blog post are:  I covet 50's fashion, Audrey Hepburn is stupid pretty, and I love watching old movies by myself!

Thanks for reading,
Hallie


No comments:

Post a Comment