Monday 8 April 2013

ACM Fashion

If you're a fan of country music, you know that last night the Academy of Country Music Awards were broadcast live.  Hosted by Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton the show was a major success.  There's something so great about country music award shows; the sense of family, the legendary performances and of course the amazing or not so amazing fashion that comes with any award show!  Since I love watching the red carpets I decided to do another list of my favourite and lest favourite fashion's from last night!





Favourites:

1.
Kimberly Perry, of The Band Perry, looked absolutely stunning at the ACM's last night.   There were definitely some mixed reviews with this dress, however I thought she looked great!  I love the white on her, and I actually loved the panel of sequins on the front.  I like the minimal accessories considering it would have been too much.  I am also super jealous of her hair, so all in all she looked perfect!












2.
Taylor Swift's Dolce and Gabbana gown really rocked it on the red carpet!  This gold gown is covered in studs, sequins and crystal embellishments to make it extra special.  Close up, you can see how much detail is in this dress and it looks stunning.  I also love her hair choice.  It was simple, but anything more would have taken away from the dress.  She looks super polished.













Least Favourites:

1.
Although I love Carrie Underwood and it pains me to say this, I really dislike this Naeem Khan dress.  I love floral patterns, almost a little bit too much, but this pattern just isn't doing it for me.  It looks like someone took a stock photo of roses and just printed it on a silk fabric.  It also looks like it's supposed to be fresh and "spring-y" but with the big black sash in the middle, it seems way too harsh.  I also didn't like her hair, it looked like she was caught in a wind storm (which is totally possible, and I apologize if that is the case) but come on.  I love her but this just looked bad.









2.
I don't know what was going through Faith Hill's stylist's mind when they put this together.  It looks like its supposed to be done up all the way but the bottom is pulling apart.  The black lace looks tacky and the draw string around her waist that looks like it was pulled out an old college hoodie and tied around her last minute really just ties this whole look together. I literally just stare at this dress and yell "REALLY?" at my computer repeatedly.  I just don't understand.











I love country music, but let's be real, their outfits can get tacky.  Hopefully one day I can work as a stylist for these singers and fix all of these problems! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment