Wednesday 27 February 2013

Oscar Night!

As fashion lovers, we all know that The Oscar's is the one night where Hollywood's most glamorous celebrities walk the red carpet in the most outrageous gowns that us normal folk only ever dream of getting to wear! Sure, they hand out awards for movie's, but the red carpet is what it's all about, why else would they spend hours getting ready?  Now, I know the Oscar's happened a few day's ago, but I wanted to post about my favourite, and least favourite looks of the night.  Now I'm not claiming to be an expert on dresses, Rachel Zoe has not yet passed the fashion torch to me, however I do have my opinions and I would love to share them!  Feel free to disagree!

Let's start with my favourite looks of the night:



1. 

Amanda Seyfried's dress had to be my favourite of the night.  This custom Alexander McQueen gown apparently took months to make, and you can tell the amount of craftsmanship that went into it.  Her hair, makeup and understated jewellery made this look perfect.  Her stylist seemed to know exactly what to do to make this dress shine.  Seyfried later said the dress was so tight she couldn't breathe, but hey, she looked stunning.











2.
Although it pains me to say this, considering I am definitely not Maria Menounos' biggest fan, I think she looked gorgeous at the Oscar's on Sunday. Her Romana Keveza gown fit beautifully and her hair looked absolutely perfect. Although the colour of the dress would not be my first choice, it suited her really well. I feel like she looked like a Barbie doll, who wouldn't want to look like Barbie for a night?












3.
There aren't words to describe how much I love this Valentino gown.  This dress was perfect for newcomer Samantha Barks.  Even though the plunging neckline makes quite a statement, Barks makes it look classy.  As a lover of jewellery I can't help but love the necklace also.  It was the perfect accessory to give this dress just a touch of glitter.













Now onto my least favourite looks of the night:

1.
Now, I'm not just saying I don't like Anne Hathaway's dress because it's as pretentious as her acceptance speech was.  Does anyone else think that she is trying way to hard to be Audrey Hepburn?  I think it was the wrong colour and the wrong shape for her.  I'm disappointed that she chose to wear this Prada dress over the rumoured Valentino gown she could have worn.  It literally looks like a tube of fabric that I could have sewn myself.  And the seams!  Tell me you didn't think you were staring at her nipples, I know I did. Overall I was very disappointed in this dress.









2.
I feel like it's cliche to attack Kristen Stewart for her red carpet looks, and I almost feel bad doing it.  This girl needs to fire her stylist, because she almost never looks comfortable in what she's wearing.  This Reem Acra gown does not flatter her figure at all, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the bottom of this dress, but I'm not into it. Furthermore, whoever decided that she could just run her fingers through her unbrushed hair and call it a day needs to be fired.  This is the Oscars, not the MTV movie awards.










3.
I'm so over the all over sequin gown.  I think it's starting to look trashy and I think Nicole Kidman's stylist made a poor mistake with this one.  Sure, her body looks great in the Balenciaga gown but that's the extent of compliments I will give.  I don't even think I fully understand what is going on in this dress.  The gold part on her stomach is awkward and looks like it was a mistake.  There isn't much left to say about this dress, other than I hate it.












So that was my very first red carpet best/worst dressed list.  It can only get better from here!  Thanks for reading!  I can't wait for the Country Music Awards in April and the fashion that they will bring!

Hallie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment